Have you been finding that your home or apartment has less and less space? Have you been in your home for a while and items seem to be gradually piling up? Is it getting harder and harder to find things that you really need? It might be time to declutter your home.
11 Tips for Decluttering Your Home
You’re looking at your clutter and thinking – “What do I do with all this stuff?” Here are some simple tips to avoid getting overwhelmed, and to start the decluttering process the right way:
- Work on one room at a time.
- Remember that Rome wasn’t organized in a day. Plan on taking at least a few days to complete this project and schedule an hour or two each day to work on decluttering.
- Start with the big items and work down to the small.
- Figure out what you want to discard, donate, and store.
- Reorganize the space in your home to allow things to fit. Don’t force or cram things into spaces – if an item really doesn’t fit, decide to discard, donate, or store it.
- Don’t hide or tuck away your excess possessions. They are still there and will eventually become a problem.
- Place items close to where you use them.
- Check expiration dates on products. If they are expired – toss them out.
- Get a file cabinet, or a scanner. Paper will really start to pile up fast – getting a file cabinet or scanner can help to store all of those important documents in a single, easy-to-access place.
- Get everything off the floor. Your goal, when decluttering a room, should be to get everything off the floor. There should be open spaces on the floor of every room.
- Declutter seasonally. To stop the clutter from building up, every season repeat the decluttering process. Make an effort, each day, to practice filing, storing, and organizing your things to keep your home decluttered.
Portable Storage For Your Clutter
People across America realize that a great way to get rid of their clutter but keep their valuable items safe and accessible, is to use Door to Door’s portable storage containers. The ease and convenience that it offers is hard to beat. Our portable storage containers:
- Lock securely at your location and in our storage center
- Help prevent condensation, mold and mildew
- Resist weather with a heavy duty cover
- Allow safe and easy loading and unloading
- Fit perfectly into driveways and parking spaces
- Help prevent belongings from shifting when moved
- Accommodate apartment and condo loading areas
- Are monitored at our locations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
How Does It Work?
To get started, simply fill out the short form on the right side of the page and we’ll provide with a FREE quote based on your storage needs!
- Set up a time for us to deliver your portable storage unit
- We deliver it to your door
- Load it up
- We pick it up and safely store it for you at your nearest convenient location
- Call us when you want access to your storage container and we will have it ready when you arrive.